The heart of The Heads-Up Voltage Monitor™ is a micro-processor that monitors the output of the charging system and is accurate to within 200 milli-volts. The Heads-Up Voltage Monitor's™ onboard microprocessor performs a self-test each time voltage is applied. The single, multi-color LED (red-amber-green) visually indicates the state of your motorcycle's battery / charging system. At a glance, you will instantly know whether the voltage is normal or abnormal. Additionally, you will be notified of serious fault conditions by an attention-getting flash of the LED.
- Instant Visual Recognition
- Single LED Visual Indicator
- Precision Microprocessor Monitoring
- Automatic Self-Test
- Auto-dimming - after 8 seconds at a single voltage, the LED intensity is lowered to 50%
- Easy installation - can be mounted virtually anywhere.
- Voltage Range: 6 to 17 VDC,
- Accuracy: within 200 millivolts.
- Amp Draw: 20–85 milli-amps.
- Dimension: 2 1/4” L x 1 5/8” W x 5/8” H
- Voltage sampling: 50,000 times per second.
Serious Fault Detection & Notification
Flashing Green - Voltage Above 15.25 VDC – This prolonged over-voltage condition can destroy batteries, especially gel-cells.
Steady Green - 12.9 - 15.24
Steady Amber - 12.6 - 12.8
Steady Red - 12.1 - 12.5
Flashing Red - Below 12 VDC – During this condition, if the engine is running, do not shut down until service can be provided. Restart of engine is unlikely. Reduce electrical load.
Voltage Monitor Size Comparison: